In preparation for this year’s event, we wanted to make you aware of several changes we are making to ensure your experience is fun, yet safe at this year’s Golf Classic. Although Milburn Country Club has remained open during the pandemic, there are some modifications we would like to make that the club has adopted at similar events such as:
- Check-in process: All golfers will be asked to take a few basic online check-in steps prior to your arrival at the club on August 17. If you or your sponsoring company has not yet purchased your player package (mulligan, hand grenade, putting contest and raffle tickets), you will have the opportunity to do so during the check-in process. Golfers will also be able to sign the photo release and RSVP for the cocktail hour following the tournament during this process. Check-in for the Golf Classic here.
- Curbside contactless registration/bag drop off: We will guide all cars to enter through the main entrance of the parking lot at Milburn Country Club. A volunteer will ask your name and provide you with your golfer gift.
- Boxed lunches and patio seating: Lunch will be served on the patio and will be available for golfers to pick up in a boxed lunch format. Seating will be provided on the patios. Golfers are also welcome to bring their boxed lunch to their cart.
- Golf carts: Milburn County Club is currently following Johnson County guidelines and recently moved to allowing two golfers per cart. Those who are not comfortable riding in the cart with another golfer are permitted to walk the course. We are unable to provide separate carts for each golfer. If you have a concern about riding in a cart with another golfer but are unable to walk, please let us know and we will see what other accommodations can be made.
- Beverages on the course: Stations of assorted cold beverages will be stocked near the pro shop and at the halfway house so that golfers may fill up their personal cart coolers prior to tee off and throughout the day. All personal cart coolers will be stocked with ice. We will still run two beverage carts throughout the day (one on the front nine and one on the back nine).
- Post-play cocktail hour/refreshments: Due the decline in the number of golfers able to stay for the dinner in recent years, we are hosting a cocktail hour on the patio that will also include a slider bar station. We will award prizes for team winners, course contests, etc. Those winners will be announced via an e-mail to participants the next day and prizes will be sent through the mail.
Please email email@example.com or call 816-276-4218 with questions.