Join our team!
The Research Foundation story began in 1965 when Research Hospital Foundation was formed to raise funds to help Research Hospital provide health care services to the community. For nearly 40 years, the foundation provided support to Research Medical Center to bring the latest in medical advancements and treatments and to provide a broad base of services to serve the health care needs of patients in the greater Kansas City community.
With the purchase of Research Medical Center by the for-profit health care company HCA in 2003, The Research Foundation concluded its affiliation with Research Medical Center. While no longer affiliated with Research Medical Center, The Research Foundation remains committed to serving the community and carrying on the spirit of the original foundation through our many health education and scholarship programs.
We are looking for members to join our team and our commitment to improving health in our community. Take a look at the job openings below and apply now!
Reports to: Director of Development
Provides Supervision to: N/A
FSLA Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
The Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating development events/activities for The Research Foundation, ensuring events reach established goals.
- Serves as lead planner and coordinator for several fundraising events
- Assists with several fundraising campaigns directed by other staff
- Assists with meeting management for several fundraising planning committees
- Oversees all direct mail campaigns
- Drafts and submits grant requests for the support of Foundation programs
- Manages donor database and generates queries and reports as needed
- Serves as back up for phones and office reception
- Other duties as assigned related to fundraising and development
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Non-profit or fundraising experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, especially Excel, Teams, and Power Point
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and comfort level working with various constituents including board members, committee volunteers, donors, and other Foundation staff
- Comfortable soliciting individual donors, corporate donors, and private foundations
- Serves as a professional representative of the organization
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a collaborative environment
- Takes initiative and possesses problem-solving skills while working to find efficient solutions
- Ability to adapt to change and be receptive to feedback
- Work as a member of the Foundation team to achieve organizational goals
- The development coordinator works out of The Research Foundation Office. The office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and located on the first floor of Research Medical Center
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is fully accessible
- This role uses standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, copiers, scanners and filing cabinets)
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally objects up to 40 pounds
- Occasional evening and weekend work, as well as occasional travel in the Kansas City region
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment
Benefits include health and dental insurance, 401k with match, life insurance, PTO, and paid holidays.
Apply by sending your resume to Rose Simone at firstname.lastname@example.org.