The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage continuing education opportunities for nursing faculty at Avila University, Research College of Nursing, or William Jewell College. Faculty continuing education scholarships will fund only registration fee, hotel and travel expenses up to $500 for conferences or workshops in the Kansas City area, up to $750 for conferences or workshops held in Missouri and Kansas and up to $1,500 for conferences or workshops in the continental United States.
Individuals must be a faculty member at the nursing programs at Avila University, Research College of Nursing, or William Jewell College. The conferences or workshops should provide information that is applicable to the faculty member's field and should ultimately benefit enhanced student learning. A scholarship recipient is only eligible to receive one scholarship per 12 months based on the date of the conference.
Deadlines are January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. Applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the start of the conference or workshop in order to be considered for funding.
- An essay answering the following questions. Essay should not exceed one typed page.
- Describe why you would like to attend this conference or workshop.
- Describe how you will disseminate the knowledge you have gained to your colleagues when you return.
- Describe how this conference or workshop is relevant to your role as a nurse educator.
- Explain how this conference or workshop will ultimately enhance student learning.
- Give a brief rationale as to why you should be selected.
- Letter of recommendation from a nursing peer.
- Conference or workshop brochure.
- Budget for continuing education activity.
Please note that you must submit all information at the same time. You will not be able to start your application and come back to it at a later time. Scholarship applications must be submitted by January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1.