The purpose of this scholarship is to enhance the recruitment and retention of doctoral prepared nurse educators in the Greater Kansas City area through the funding of doctoral study for individuals pursuing a PhD, EdD or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).
Individuals must be a faculty member in a full-time position at the nursing programs at Avila University, Research College of Nursing, or William Jewell College and be accepted into a regionally accredited doctoral program with a definitive plan of study.
Applications for funding must be made to nursing program administrators by November 1. The nursing program administrator must submit the application materials with his/her recommendation to The Research Foundation by January 1. The Research Foundation will make awards by March 1.
- Completed Doctoral Study Scholarship Application Form. Download the Doctoral Study Scholarship Application Form (PDF).
- An essay answering the following questions. Essay should not exceed one page.
- Identify and analyze current trends in nursing and higher education that will have an impact on your role as a faculty member.
- What would you forecast as the most profound change yet to occur in the education/practice environment?
- How would your doctorate education facilitate your approach to this change?
- Submission of a definitive plan of study.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professional colleague and your nursing program administrator or nursing dean.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Completed Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Release Form. You must also provide a signed copy to the professional colleague and nursing program administrator or nursing dean you select to provide your letters of recommendation. Download the FERPA Form (PDF).
- Official transcripts of any and all undergraduate and postgraduate education sent from respective universities or colleges.
- Signed promissory note. Download the promissory note (PDF).
All of these materials must be submitted to your nursing program administrator. Nursing program administrators will submit application materials in the form below.
Please note all applications must be submitted by the nursing program administrator. Application materials must be provided to the nursing program administrator by November 1. The nursing program administrator must submit the application materials online with his/her recommendation to The Research Foundation by January 1. The system requires that you submit all information at the same time.