The purpose of this scholarship is to enhance faculty research and/or scholarship of teaching through a stipend, which funds short-term research and study projects. Examples of projects include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary empirical research
- Evidence-based practice projects
- Education evaluation research
- Manuscript development
The Research Foundation will fund a minimum of three $3,500 faculty scholarship grant stipends per academic year. Consideration for an additional $500 stipend will be given to fund necessary expenses incurred in carrying out the grant. The maximum overall grant cannot exceed $4,000. Faculty scholarship grants are not intended to support graduate degree programs, prepare a new course, or revise a course in one’s own specialty or area of expertise.
Individuals must be a faculty member in a full-time position with the nursing programs at Avila University, Research College of Nursing, or William Jewell College. Faculty members must have completed three full academic years. Primary consideration will be given to the merits of the research project. The nursing program administrator or nursing dean may also consider the impact the project may have on current and future program needs. Priority will be given to applications from faculty members who have not received faculty research grants during the two preceding calendar years. If an applicant has previously received a faculty research grant, he or she would only be eligible for another grant if the required reports for the previous grant have been submitted and the outcomes have been documented.
Applications for funding must be made to nursing program administrator or nursing dean by December 1. The nursing program administrator or nursing dean must forward the application with his/her recommendation to The Research Foundation by January 1. Distribution of funds will follow the completion of an evaluation report. The grantee will be expected to submit an expense report and a written evaluation of the project within 30 days after completion of the project. The report should be submitted to The Research Foundation and the nursing program administrator or nursing dean by December 1. Funding would be distributed by December 31. Applicants choosing two-year research projects will receive half of the grant after submitting the project update no later than December 1 of the first academic year.
- Completed Faculty Scholarship Grant Application Form. Download the Faculty Scholarship Grant Application Form (PDF).
- A description of the proposed faculty scholarship grant project including the following information:
- Describe the specific project for which you are applying, including a statement of the objective of the research project.
- Please explain how this project fits in with your own long-range development plans.
- Give specific dates through which your research grant-supported work would extend.
- When you have completed the grant-supported segment of your project, how will you evaluate the experience and the achievement of the project objective?
Please note all applications must be submitted by the nursing program administrator. Application materials must be provided to the nursing program administrator by December 1. The nursing program administrator must use the form below to submit the application materials with his/her recommendation to The Research Foundation by January 1. The system requires that you submit all information at the same time.