Partnering for a healthy community. The Research Foundation empowers the people of Kansas City to lead healthier lives through health education and scholarship programs.
The Research Foundation story began in 1965 when Research Hospital Foundation was formed to raise funds to help Research Hospital provide health care services to the community. For nearly 40 years, the Foundation provided support to Research Medical Center to bring the latest in medical advancements and treatments and to provide a broad base of services to serve the healthcare needs of patients in the greater Kansas City community.
With the purchase of Research Medical Center in 2003 by HCA, a for-profit health care company, The Research Foundation concluded its affiliation with Research Medical Center. While no longer affiliated with Research Medical Center, The Research Foundation remains committed to serving the community and carrying on the spirit of the original Foundation through our many health education and scholarship programs.
- We believe in the power of learning. Education can transform lives today and for generations to come.
- We work in partnerships. We multiply our efforts and resources by joining forces with those we serve and organizations who share our vision.
- Every investment should create sustainable good. We leverage our resources through partnerships that build greater capacity for lasting change.
- Effective work requires assessment and measurement. Our decisions are based on thorough assessment of needs and measurable outcomes.
- Fiscal responsibility requires transparency. Our fiscal practices mandate decisions ensuring our support of the community in perpetuity.